Welcome to the Highway H2O Podcast Series where each month host Brent Kinnaird will interview people that collectively advance marine transportation around the Great Lakes/Seaway System and the world.
The interviewed guests have participated in past Hwy H2O conferences in various capacities; either as a delegate, sponsor and/or speaker. They will highlight why the Hwy H2O Conference has been valuable and beneficial to them while also giving an overview interesting achievements and progress being made by their company.
- An interview with Bruce Hodgson, Director of Market Development for the St. Lawrence Seaway Management Corporation. Bruce talks about the goals for the Seaway and the Hwy H2O Conference in 2012.
- An interview with Joe Cappel, Director of Cargo Development for the Toledo-Lucas County Port Authority. Joe has attended each conference for the past 7 years and has also been a panel speaker at the conference. He talks on the current and future outlook for the Port of Toledo as well as the benefits of the Hwy H2O Conference.
- An interview with Donna Taylor, President and CEO of the Oshawa Port Authority. Donna has attended the Hwy H2O Conference numerous times, has been a presenter and a sponsor in the past and will be the Reception Sponsor this year. In her podcast, Donna talks about the exciting developments taking place at the Port of Oshawa. She also details how the Hwy H2O Conference provides a full spectrum of opportunities to benchmark, network and market her port.
- Bruce Hodgson, Director of Market Development for the St. Lawrence Seaway Management Corporation gives an update on the 2012 HWY H2O Conference. Get the scoop on some of the speakers and the direction of the conference.
- David Walker, Director, Project Cargo for Canadian Pacific Railway talks about how rail and marine can work together to provide maximum benefits. David reveals why he finds the conference to be extremely valuable.
- Errol Francis, Vice President of Operations for Canfornav Inc provides commentary on why the HWY H2O Conference is beneficial from an international carrier’s perspective. Errol is not only a conference attendee but also a sponsor and conference committee member as well